Monday, May 23, 2011

CULTURAL ENVOY ADVENTURE IN BRAZIL!!!!


The US Embassy in Brasilia, the Consulates in Rio and Sao Paulo selected me to be apart of their Cultural Envoy Program. I will create 3 murals in 3 cities in brazil along with other young artists and youth. Here I come Sao Paulo, Salvador, and Brasilia!!! I'm truly honored to have the opportunity to travel to a country I've never been, meet other artists, supporters of the arts, and of course create new works of art. I'm totally excited!

I'm here for 2 weeks and will be blogging each day, okay i'm off to a slow start because internet isn't the fasted at my hotel...but here we go...

Day 1 Saturday, May 21
I'm here after an 8 hour plane yay!! Maria Correa (right) met me at the airport, she works for the US Consulate in Sao Paulo. Monika (left) is my interpreter . Both women are amazing!! What else is amazing? The Museu Afro-Brasil (Museum of Afro Brasil) is AMAZING!! I can't wait to start the mural here!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment